Vehicle Hardware Program Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Technical Program Manager role, you'll:
- Ensure timely delivery according to the program schedule, within the established parameters of the budget, and meeting or exceeding all requirements.
- Develop detailed program timelines, and maintain alignment amongst the development, manufacturing, and support teams around scope, budget, and timing by relentlessly pursuing disconnects and resolving them to the benefit of the program.
- Develop deep technical knowledge of the entirety of the scope, budget, and timing across the entire lifecycle for the components you support.
- Proactively identify when any aspect of the development is off track, establish a recovery plan, and communicate the plan to all relevant teams and key stakeholders involved.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering.
- 10+ Years experience in Program Management.
- Direct experience in working in Engineering and Manufacturing Teams.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working in hardware development.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, oral & written communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and within a matrix organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of launch process and critical path management.
- Proven ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks with the ability to adapt and excel in a constantly evolving environment.
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.