Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Insurance you'll be a pioneer in emerging risk and other vital fields related to our autonomous vehicle technology. Be ready to multi-task: our team works with legal, public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to evaluate and manage risks for the coming self-driving world. We advise on insurance trends, evaluate product liability, and analyze automobile and cyber-world risks to build insurance frameworks that support and protect our riders around the world. You'll think ahead to mitigate emerging risk through contacts and relationships with insurance and industry partners. You'll also collaborate with business development, regulatory and policy teams to determine exposure and risk appetite in contracts, and to evaluate and shape emerging laws and regulations at the state and federal level.
In this Claims Manager role, you'll:
- Drive implementation of strategic and operational priorities with significant impact on the short-term success of (technical) claims management for TPA performance across Auto, Product Liability, Cyber and other potential exposures
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the management of TPAs, cultivating a customer experience focused culture of excellence
- Drive the development, implementation and continuous planning, organizing and leading of TPA metrics, processes, results and initiatives. Analyze and manage metrics to drive increased efficiency and productivity and favorable claims outcomes
- Provide for expert level technical oversight of high exposure claims in collaboration with litigation counsel and other stakeholders
- Drive for a superior customer experience and continuous improvement through the development and implementation of claims initiatives, processes and technology
- Remain current of state/territory regulations and issues, industry activities and trends and contributes cross functional efforts in support of company wide initiatives
We'd like you to have:
- Mastery of insurance claims principles (legal, operations, practices and procedures) and broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas, with 10+ years experience with Auto and/or Product liability and/or other complex liability claims
- Advanced communication skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), team, and/or matrix environment
- Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism, with proven ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility
- Senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, along with other business-related software
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s preferred in finance, business or a related discipline, J.D. or equivalent
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.