Intern, Global Supply Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Supply Chain, Global Supply Manager, Internship, you'll:
- Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet production demands
- Provide management of enclosure manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- Evaluate technical and business risks using data based analysis and develop sound risk mitigation alternatives. Provide cross-functional support with industrial design, development and operations
- Perform cost modeling of part and assembly cost strategy
At a minimum we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Currently in the first year of a full-time MBA program, graduating in 2020
- Ability to complete a 11-12 week program beginning in May or June 2019
- 5 years of experience in procurement and product launches, along with in-depth knowledge about product development, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with industrial design, development, legal and operations
- Demonstrated success working in multinational environments and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.