Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Mechanical Engineer role, you'll:
- Design and produce industry-leading sensor technologies
- Take ownership and manage your own products and systems
- Collaborate with manufacturing team, vehicle team, reliability team, ID team
- Work on projects for prototyping through mass production
- Aim for improved manufacturability and cost reduction
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience, at least 3 if holding MS
- CAD tools (Solidworks, CATIA prefered)
- Product design and lifecycle experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Detail oriented and creative
- Experience with low and high volume manufacturing processes
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.