Program Manager, Systems Engineering
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s Systems Engineering team is responsible for ensuring Waymo’s vehicles comply with state and local driving laws. We do this through a combination of on-road testing, analysis, and verification through closed-course and simulated testing. We’re looking for a program manager to manage this compliance framework and scale it as Waymo continues to expand its driving domain into other cities and states.
In this Systems Engineering role, you'll:
- Manage product requirements and processes for verifying rules of the road compliance
- Develop test methodologies and test databases to demonstrate compliance.
- Develop methods to track compliance in the field, and execute upon those methods.
- Enhance and manage processes for cross-functional input and collaboration.
- Enhance and manage robust, organized documentation for all the above.
- Serve as Waymo subject matter expert on rules of the road and road design.
- May include supporting External Engagement team in its work with public officials.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- MS or graduate degree in a technical field, such as traffic engineering, civil engineering, transportation engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace, robotics, or related fields.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Experience working as a traffic engineer, preferably in government. In-depth knowledge of the MUTCD and traffic engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledgeable of systems engineering principles and practices as relates to requirements verification and validation.
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.