Intern, Software Engineering, Research Team
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this research internship, you'll:
- Conduct cutting edge research to develop new solutions related to autonomous driving, in particular, to solve outstanding challenges in perception, planning and simulation
- Establish new state-of-the-art methods in the field and participate in publishing findings in academic conferences and journals
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Must be enrolled in a MS/PHD program in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study
- Experience in machine learning and at least one of: computer vision, machine learning, robotics
- Experience programming in Python and/or C++
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.