Intern, Software Engineering, Computer Vision & Machine Learning
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Perception Team at Waymo builds the system that “sees” the world around the self-driving car. Here at Waymo, we have access to millions of miles of real driving data from a diverse set of sensors. We apply cutting-edge technologies in machine learning to this data to tackle challenges in object detection, sensor fusion, segmentation, and tracking. Improvements deployed to our system can immediately impact our large fleet of autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for software engineers who are curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving.
In this software engineering internship, you'll:
- Explore new state-of-the art computer vision, robotics and machine learning techniques to improve our system’s capabilities
- Design, prototype, implement, and deploy software onto a fleet of self driving cars
At a minimum we would like you to have:
- Must be enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD program in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Experience in at least one of: computer vision, machine learning or robotics
- Experience in C++ and/or Python
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.