Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Research and utilize creative resources to identify and attract talented individuals
- Lead and provide best practices to team members
- Communicate and build relationships with sourced candidates to best represent the Waymo teams and culture
- Engage and assess passive talent by organizing and attending recruiting events, conducting in-depth phone interviews and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Waymo's roles, staffing best practices and workflows and thoroughly document work in the applicant tracking system
- Act as a brand ambassador for Waymo, effectively communicating and championing our value proposition to attract and close highly sought after candidates
- Provide a magical and high touch candidate experience
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 4+ years of relevant sourcing experience/working with candidates and clients
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent ability to screen candidates for interest level, availability, relocation needs etc.
- Strategic partner mindset with recruiting and clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- 4+ years recruiting in-house sourcing experience, preferably in the technology industry
- 4+ years working with hiring managers and directors, reviewing profiles and documenting pipeline progress.
- 4+ years meeting or exceeding metrics
- Experience sourcing for niche or highly technical roles
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.