Signal Integrity Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
In this Signal Integrity Engineer role, you'll:
- Review schematic and PCB layout for signal integrity and power integrity design
- Perform power integrity and signal integrity simulation for SoC package and PCB
- Develop signoff and simulation methodology
- Conduct design validation for PCBs
- Drive the debug of electrical issues
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- MS degree in EE or CS, or equivalent practical experience, with 3+ years relevant working experience.
- Experience with high speed I/O interfaces or memory systems, e.g., DDR4, HMC, PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, MIPI, FPD-Link, GMSL. Experience with automotive electronic systems.
- Familiar with signal and power integrity simulation methodology using tools such as ADS, Hspice, HFSS, and PowerSI.
- Experience with electrical measurement and debug with oscilloscope, VNA, TDR, and BERT. Experience with system bring-up and familiar with interfaces such as SMBus, I2C, SPI, GPIB, VISA, RS232
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience designing and validating large and complex boards with bleeding edge high-speed interfaces for high-volume production.
- Strong electrical debug capability, having the technical breadth and technical leadership skills to bridge various functional teams.
- Familiar with voltage regulator design.
- Familiar with I/O bus protocols.
- Basic software programming or scripting skills (e.g., Python, C/C++).
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.