Intern, Partnerships and Business Development
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this Partnerships and Business Development internship, you’ll:
- Take the lead on major initiative(s) in the team, working to further Waymo’s go-to-market goals
- Identify and evaluate potential partnership opportunities using rigorous strategic and operational analysis, conduct pre-deal due diligence, structure deal options and present recommendations to the management team
- Source, negotiate and execute deals while building trusted partner relationships
- Identify and build scalable solutions to increase efficiency, maximize joint value and achieve key milestones in current partnerships programs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, operations, engineering, finance, marketing, communications, strategy and legal to develop strategy and achieve goals critical to Waymo’s success
- Have visibility into a wide variety of partnerships programs that support Waymo’s scaling business
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 4-6 years of work experience in the technology sector and/or management consulting. Experience in business development, partner management, operations, sales, or a similar role is a bonus
- Currently enrolled in an advanced professional degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of developing and maintaining quality relationships with 3rd party partners, leading in executive-level discussions and working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.