Electrical/Electronics Process Planning Engineer, Vehicle Integration
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Electrical/Electronics Process Planning Engineer role, you'll:
- Develop and administer tools to support efficient workflows for carrying out in vehicle installation, commissioning and software upgrades for self driving sensors and control modules
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle level requirements and to translate them into a scalable system level validation procedure to be performed during the vehicle integration process
- Perform root cause analysis of vehicle and subsystem failures and provide correction of system level problems relating to calibration, controls, hardware and software
- Develop engineering tools to support activities like software flashing, diagnostic services and engineering data exchange. This may include working collaboratively with vendors to formulate and build applications and tool customizations to optimize and automate software updating process
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing partners to manage vehicle bring-up including troubleshooting of vehicle systems, end-of-line testing and sensor calibration
We'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with OBDII interface and vehicle level performance validation of Electrical Control Units
- Familiar with unit testing, system validation, quality control and software release methodology and processes
- Proficient in debug, repair, and assist with utilization of general test equipment. Able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and manage the repair of electrical and instrumentation systems
It's preferred if you have:
- Experiences in working with vehicle driver assistance systems and various perception sensors
- Understanding of embedded software development with RTOS or bare metal, Linux programming, networking, and data management. Programming language such as C, C++ etc.
- Solid background in vehicle controllers, sensors, actuators, software, and diagnostic tools would be ideal
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.