Analysis Expert - Thermal Systems
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Thermal Systems Design Engineer role, you'll:
- Coordinate design and modeling of automotive and electronic componentry. This covers the full spectrum from sub-component level thermal board analysis, all the way up to full vehicle-level thermal analysis;
- Supports engineers and help to develop new and innovative engineering development;
- Use modern CAE tools like CFD and thermal analysis tools to develop thermal issue resolution, working closely with design and release engineering;
- Identify the best tool for each application; choose between simulation tools, and experimental approaches;
- Align simulation- and test requirements with internal or external process partners, and execute / lead the virtual- or experimental thermal test campaigns, both in-house and with external partners;
- Summarize test results in careful test reports;
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar/higher technical qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience with board- and assembly-level thermal analysis, using at least one of the following tools: IcePack, Flotherm, StarCCM+, Fluent;
- Practical experience with CAD tools (Catia or SolidWorks) desired;
- Experience with thermal testing, and test lab operations;
- Proven experience writing scientific reports, or business-professional test reports
- Speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.