Software Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you'll:
- Project planning for software development, ensuring coherent use of task hot lists, initial routing of bugs, and balancing long-term goals against short-term priorities
- Cross-team coordination through meeting facilitation, process documentation, priorities alignment, etc
- Own software analytics/metrics to ensure we track software capability and behavior across releases, and that all audiences can quickly comprehend our status and progress
- Partner with the hardware TPM to coordinate bring-up of new hardware, development of common tools, and building of shared infrastructure
- Interface between our team and vendors (for MCUs, IMU sensors, etc.) to facilitate correct implementations
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a science or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of code; comfort with programming/scripting for data analysis and basic automation
- Track-record of effective software technical project management
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with embedded software projects that are tightly coupled with hardware development
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.