Social Media Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's self-driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for fully self-driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this Social Media Manager role, you'll:
- Set strategy and day-to-day content plan for all of Waymo’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+), including written copy, visual assets, and videos
- Partner cross functionally to develop creative campaigns that tell stories about our brand, technology, employees, and values
- Lead performance tracking, optimization, reporting, and analytics to grow Waymo’s social following and impact
- Lead social media monitoring and alerts. Create a response plan in partnership with Communications, Policy, Public Affairs, Legal, and Rider Support. Manage crisis response as needed
- Work with leadership team to develop their own voices and channels
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in social media strategy; high proficiency working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube platforms
It’s preferred if you have:
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking and the ability to come up with novel, refreshing, and strategic ideas
- Comfortability solving problems that haven’t been answered before
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally, both internally and externally
- Proven success driving consensus decisions on creative output among diverse stakeholders
- Project management and organizational skills, while being resourceful with strong attention to detail
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.