Intern, Hardware Engineering, Vehicle Integration
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Liberty Alpha Vehicle development, issue triage and durability validation projects.
In this Hardware Engineer, Vehicle Integration Internship, you’ll:
- Follow the Prototype build and be the “first line of defense” for Vehicle Engineering
- Document any build issues that arise and develop quick-fix solutions using Catia V6 to 3D model solutions
- Coordinate Durability Validation Projects between the Release Engineers and Vehicle Test
- Root cause any problems using a first principles approach and show why they occurred. Measure, document, make recommendations accordingly
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Enrolled in a Mechanical / Automotive / Aerospace Engineering degree course
- Prior Automotive internship experience (or similar)
- Experience using 3D CAD packages, ideally Catia V5/V6
It’s preferred if you have:
- Practical hands on experience
- Experience using basic tools for prototyping is positive but not required
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.