Intern, Supplier Quality Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Supplier Quality Engineer internship, you'll:
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing inspection processes, equipment, tools, gauges, and fixtures for raw material, mechanical components, and mechanical assemblies
- Participate in cross-functional technical reviews for proposed manufacturing inspection methods, gauge designs, and inspection equipment.
- Develop qualification processes for assembly fixtures, CNC fixtures, injection molding tools, stamping tools, etc.
- Evaluate critical components for inspection equipment to ensure optimal measurement performance and capability
- Support manufacturing bring-up including gauges, inspection equipment, fixtures, automation and measurement correlation between manufacturing sites
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Full-time student pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with principles of statistics
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering drawings and familiarity with GD&T
- Experience with inspection equipment a plus
- Experience with common manufacturing methods (CNC, injection molding) is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.