Lead Product Manager, Simulation and Automation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this product manager role you'll:
- Lead a team covering disciplines of product, program and research to drive the simulation, engineering and operations productivity roadmap for Waymo
- Design and prioritize the usage of billions of miles of simulation to rapidly improve self driving software
- Help draw the insights from millions of miles of public road driving and billions of miles of simulation working with operations and data teams
- Develop and own product vision, strategy and roadmap of tooling, workflow and pipeline to allow Engineering and Product Operations scaling 10-100x
- Learn more by reading an in-depth article by The Atlantic - http://goo.gl/vqd4J9
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 6+ year of product management experience
- Strong technical background (CS Degree and 2+ years eng experience)
- Solid statistical background
- Experience with systems of massive scale/complexity
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers
It’s preferred if you have:
- Robotics/Simulation experience a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.