Intern, Research, Deep Learning for Behavior Prediction
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
The behavior prediction team is responsible for developing systems that predict what other agents (cars, pedestrians,...etc.) will do in the future allowing the self-driving car to react in time.
In this internship, you'll:
- Research & develop cutting-edge machine learning techniques for self-driving cars
- Develop techniques to make sense of large amounts of data
- Extensively test and deploy new systems and improve existing ones
At a minimum we would like you to have:
- Excellent coding skills in at least one language
- Strong algorithmic background
- Experience with machine learning research
- Excellent communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Prior machine learning research experience in at least one of the following: deep learning, reinforcement learning or imitation learning
- A strong publication record in top machine learning conferences such as NeurIPS, UAI and ICML
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.