Intern, Operations, Shared Services, LSS Certified Black Belt
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
As an LSS Certified Black Belt intern with the Shared Operational Services team at Waymo, you will be challenged to use data analysis to problem-solve and improve specific cross-team processes to cut waste and improve efficiencies. Specifically you will identify and improve a high impact process within Operations, providing starting and ending metrics, communications and change management during the improvement period, and a maintenance plan to ensure the new process has high adherence rates. You will be working closely with Operations leaders across the organization as well as supervisors and individual contributors.
In this internship, you’ll:
- Meet with leaders across Operations to identify key pain process points
- Present prioritized pin points against improvement ROI and improvement timelines to leadership team with proposed action plan to address some/all
- Implement process improvement plans for approved processes
- Present out results of improvement plans including pre/post metrics, communication and change management plans, adoption rates, and forward looking maintenance plans
- Train staff on lessons learned and ongoing proactive process work
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Currently pursuing a Full-Time M.B.A. program
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recommend data driven business decisions
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and entrepreneurial spirit
- Global mindset, flexible work style and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to travel to different U.S. locations
It’s preferred if you have:
- 5 or plus years experience in Operations or Consulting
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to Senior Management Level
- Certification and strong track record on working with Continuous Improvement Methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.