Product Manager, Perception
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this product manager role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Work closely with Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs, save lives, and transform transportation
- Drive the roadmap for Perception software to evaluate and integrate new self-driving hardware systems
- Determine requirements and help the team make the right trade-offs between cost, performance, technical complexity and other factors
- Help to refine Waymo's product vision and strategy
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience working at the intersection of hardware & software
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience is a plus
- Experience working on applied machine learning, autonomous vehicles, or robot sensing a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.