Systems Engineer, Driving Behaviors
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. Our technical program managers create and maintain the plans and timelines that keep projects on schedule. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this Systems Engineer, Driving Behaviors role, you'll:
- Use your knowledge of complex hardware/software systems, systems engineering best practices, and program management principles to increase the speed and confidence with which Waymo develops and deploys new driving capabilities needed to advance the company’s business
- Own the performance of one or multiple driving capabilities. Develop clear and comprehensive requirements, and decompose them into actionable, testable invariants for engineers
- Work with technical teams to deeply understand the problem space and help them prioritize the right long-term solutions to be working on. Lead useful trade studies that inform where to allocate risk and complexity across the system
- Develop novel test and evaluation strategies that are designed to illuminate where performance needs to improve, and prevent regressions. Drive and oversee their execution, and effectively communicate results to stakeholders. Make your testing fast, repeatable, and reliable
- Lead and organize test and design reviews for senior leadership and other stakeholders
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace or automotive systems engineering, product management, or equivalent project management experience in a technology company
- BA/BS degree in a technical, quantitative, or finance--oriented field or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Superior problem-solving, critical thinking, written/verbal communication skills (framing and storytelling), teamwork, and interpersonal skills with senior leaders
- Experience executing complex strategic and technical initiatives
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business and engineering problems. This position requires leading and working effectively with cross functional groups
- High proficiency with structuring strategic analysis, developing analytical models, and telling stories using spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
- Experience in strategy, change management and rolling-out large scale initiatives
- MS or graduate degree in computer science, mechanical, aerospace, robotics, or related fields
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.