Program Manager, Engineering Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Program Manager on Waymo Software Quality Operations team you will be a part of a large team mostly consisting of contract workers who support the needs of Waymo’s Software, Release and Systems Engineering teams. The Software Quality Operations team drills through hundreds of thousands of miles of simulated driving to find important safety critical issues and give engineers quick and proficient feedback on software quality.
In this Program Manager role, you'll:
- Manage local project execution of a team to ensure analysts are focused on the current priorities
- Monitor, measure, and communicate project progress to direct management
- Identify process improvements and work with Product Management and Simulation teams in defining tools specifications
- Understand technical roadblocks and work with engineers to determine viable solutions
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical, or business discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years leading technical projects or/and teams
- Strong technical abilities - able to work with engineers across disciplines
- The ability to define projects, execute within timelines with multiple stakeholders, and deliver projects on time
- Excellent project management skills and work effectively with oversight from direct management
- Attention to detail, versatility, an innovative mind-set, and be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.