Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Insurance you'll be a pioneer in emerging risk and other vital fields related to our autonomous vehicle technology. Be ready to multi-task: our team works with legal, public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to evaluate and manage risks for the coming self-driving world. We advise on insurance trends, evaluate product liability, and analyze automobile and cyber-world risks to build insurance frameworks that support and protect our riders around the world. You'll think ahead to mitigate emerging risk through contacts and relationships with insurance and industry partners. You'll also collaborate with business development, regulatory and policy teams to determine exposure and risk appetite in contracts, and to evaluate and shape emerging laws and regulations at the state and federal level.
In this Actuary role, you'll:
- Partner closely with a cross functional teams across product, engineering, legal and safety to evaluate and quantify risks and project insurance costs.
- Build tools, methodologies and process to evaluate Waymo’s emerging auto, product, and cyber liability risks
- Provide communications and metrics to management on risk issues
- Be business expert and resource on risk and insurance to other Waymo teams.
- Create analytics and reports to inform product, safety, and insurance risk measurement.
- Provide ad hoc actuarial support as needed to inform insurance cost analyses for captive and parent
- Manage data storage, programming and statistical analysis tools
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree plus ACAS with 8+ years of strong group actuarial experience
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver, particularly in areas with very little clarity or precedents
- Superior technical skills, strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in collaborating with stakeholders and presenting results to senior executives
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build high performing teams and a culture consistent with Waymo values
- Highly motivated and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with high quality standards, along with the ability to learn quickly and work in a multi-functional team environment
It's preferred if you have:
- FCAS with 10+ years experience;
- 4+ years in ratemaking for Auto working with Usage-Based-Insurance and/or telematics.
- 5+ years large data processing and/or predictive analytics experience
- Experience with SQL, R, SAS etc
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.