Senior Radar Algorithm Designer and Analyst
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
- Translate system needs into radar architectures
- Develop waveforms and processing approaches to achieve system goals
- Predict performance of the architectural solutions, and verify with real-world results
- Coordinate with software and firmware teams to develop efficient implementations
- Develop calibration approaches, and work to architect efficient calibration schemes
- Develop insightful tests that span the range of radar integration stages, including individual snapshot evaluation, fully integrated on self-driving vehicles, and fleet wide data mining
- Foster a systems engineering culture within the organization and mentor junior engineers
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
It’s preferred if you have:
- 15 years of experience in radar design, signal processing, probability and statistics, and algorithm development
- Experience with radar verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency with MATLAB and C/C++
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.