Engineering Lead, Test Infrastructure
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work closely with engineering leads to understand the architecture and implementation
- Design and implement testing, regression test beds and test infrastructure for Waymo hardware products
- Design and implement plumbing needed to integrate new sensors into the self driving car
- Build automation around the scenarios which can be integrated easily with the Google build and deployment process
- Contribute to analytics around test working closely with the engprod team, and evangelize best practices for great quality across all teams
- Participate in manual testing as needed for product releases for areas where automation may not yet be available
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to own and drive test and simulation projects
- Ability to work directly with engineering leads and engineering product leads and identify technical implementation strategy
It’s preferred if you have:
- At least 10+ years of C++ and/or Python programming experience
- Experience working with core Google technologies such as Stubby, Spanner, and Borg
- Proficient in numerical analysis and plotting software such as Matlab, Colab, NumPy, or Matplotlib
- Ability to design and implementation automation test code/framework
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.