Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Accountant role, you'll:
- Manage multiple Financial Statement transactions at each monthly close cycle end to end, from booking to analysis and present monthly results to Business Controller and CFO
- Assist in the preparation and fulfillment of external and internal audit requests and inquiries
- Drive specific control processes including preparation of monthly journal entries and corresponding reconciliations as well as review of contractual agreements
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and help plan/drive implementation of the solutions, especially with a system transition on the horizon
- Support new and existing Waymo business activities by working cross-functionally with stakeholders at Alphabet including the GL team, external reporting, technical accounting and internal audit, and members of Waymo’s business team including legal, BD, FP&A and our business teams with backgrounds in Hardware, Software, and Automotive
- Collaborate effectively with immediate teammates, Finance and business partners in a rapidly evolving business environment, adding to the collective value the Finance team brings to all elements of the SDC business
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CA
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm, public company, or start-up experience
It's preferred if you have:
- Audit and/or accounting function background, preferably in Automotive / Manufacturing and Big Four
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in driving process improvement in a fast evolving business environment
- Strong general accounting knowledge, strong (preferably wizard-esque) excel skills, attention to detail, proactive, and organized. Experience with major ERP platform(s) e.g. Oracle, Netsuite, SAP is highly desirable
- Genuine excitement for driving reporting and business decisions by analyzing large and complex data sets
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.