Finance Operations Manager, Procure to Pay
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Finance Operations Manager role, you'll:
- Champion industry best practices across Procure to Pay, drive end-to-end Accounts Payable process design and new system implementation, collaborating with supply chain, finance, business systems, and operations teams
- Lead project activities related to accounts payable functions bringing exceptional value to the company through total cost reduction, streamlining workflow, automation etc.
- Review and administer the use and management of the Accounts Payable system (and any related systems interfaces) to ensure optimal workflow along the entire Procure to Pay continuum
- Establish business process outsourcing, ensuring that operations targets are met and identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements
- Design KPI and related monitoring, reporting and analyses to drive effective process improvements to lead and maintain compliance in all Accounts Payable related activities
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 8 years Accounts Payable experience (5 as a Manager/Supervisor)
- CPA, CA or other professional accounting accreditation
- Experience working with AP systems in SAP or equivalent
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA, Master's or professional qualifications: Qualified Accountant
- High tech manufacturing industry experience with both direct and indirect purchasing/Accounts Payable processes
- Success working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and leading complex operations initiatives
- Ability to independently drive and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Experience developing risk assessment frameworks and tools
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.