Analytics & Special Projects Lead, Engineering Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this business analyst role you'll:
- Run analytics to best set Waymo Engineering operations up for success as the company scales
- Lead team forecast and planning
- Find answers to complex business questions
- Lead special projects to improve the operational efficiency of the team
- Help define team strategy and priority areas working closely with the head of the team as well as cross-functional stakeholders in Operations, Finance, Engineering and Product
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Excellent analytical skills, including proficiency with SQL and advanced Google Sheets/Excel skills
- Numerical-based degree (mathematics, engineering, economics, natural sciences etc)
- Structured thinking - can easily break down complex ambiguous problems and propose alternative solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work with very different teams, at the intersection of engineering and operations in a fast-moving startup environment
- Fast learner - able to quickly ramp up on new technical and business topics
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA and/or several years of experience in management consulting, financial services or analytics roles in tech companies
- Advanced Google Sheets skills, with experience with internal Google tools such as PLX dashboards and dasnavs
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.