Contracts Manager, Waymo
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Legal, you will work on the exciting legal issues surrounding our transformational autonomous vehicle technology and help drive our business lines forward from technology ideation through scaled commercial deployment. We partner with our public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to define transportation policy for the self-driving world to come, advising on regulatory changes that support and protect our users around the world. We collaborate with our engineering, product, strategy and operations teams to develop and protect our intellectual property portfolio and drive our corporate and commercial transactions. We ensure compliance with an increasingly complex and dynamic range of global regulations. And we anticipate, mitigate, and litigate high-profile and precedent-setting legal matters.
In this role, you’ll:
- Review, draft and manage low to medium-risk and low-to-medium-complexity commercial agreements (e.g., NDAs, master service agreements and statements of work).
- Advise business clients on the legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from client teams, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Support continuous improvement of processes and templates for the Waymo legal team.
- Support the creation and maintenance of commercial contract templates for the Waymo legal team.
- Conduct research to facilitate development of subject matter expertise in key areas relevant to the legal team’s work; gather and organize relevant information and documentation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with commercial contracts in an attorney or non-attorney role (in-house or at a law firm, or comparable experience elsewhere).
It’s preferred if you have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- JD degree or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret legal documents, negotiate contracts and work with attorneys to complete agreements.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, proven track record of managing high volume of requests and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Effective business acumen; ability to navigate and influence personalities within a complex business landscape and matrixed environment.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.