Intern, Hardware Engineering, Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Functional safety is critical to all hardware components in our system. In this internship, you will work on novel approaches that will enable our cars to self-test and diagnose various hardware components.
In this internship, you’ll:
- Develop in-field structural tests for key hardware components
- Identify coverage gaps in structural tests and generate functional tests to improve coverage
- Characterize test time, coverage and memory footprint for various types of tests
- Develop and implement in-field test plans for one or more hardware components
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to program in C/C++
- Basic knowledge of Silicon Design For Test (DFT) principles.
- Digital logic design with Verilog or SystemVerilog HDL
It is preferred if you have:
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with Coresight or similar JTAG Debug and Trace tools
- Experience with Industry-standard DFT tools
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.