Strategic Partner Development Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Identify prospective customers for an emerging business line; collaborate closely with legal, finance and engineering to draft contracts and execute deals
- Identify new use cases/applications for our emerging products, and create compelling pitches, demos and education plan for each of those use cases
- Work with senior-level engineers and product managers to help define the product roadmap for our emerging business
- Collaborate closely with marketing to identify and attend industry events to generate leads; act as key Waymo representative and relationship manager for prospective customers
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative analyses for our emerging business
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 6-8 years of sales experience in the technology sector; would also consider work experience in business development and strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, project management, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals; ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders
It’s preferred if you have:
- Sales experience with highly technical products in start-up environments
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- MBA is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.