Sr. Corporate Business Finance Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Corporate Senior Financial Analyst role, you’ll:
- Maintain the company’s budgeting and forecasting tools and processes for various groups across Waymo
- Be doing deal modeling and analysis, including consideration of strategic alternatives, contract review and revision of key financial terms
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support including items such as deal review, PO approvals and TVC requests and work with cost center owners to develop and maintain rolling monthly and annual forecasts and understand sources of variances and uncertainty
- Be a point person for finance system expertise, including our finance ERP system, procure to pay tools, invoice and payment systems and custom built Waymo reporting tools
- Serve as a main point of contact to Accounting and Controls (A&C) to liaise with Waymo business partners on a number of key finance objectives
- Assist in the preparation of Waymo financial statements in partnership with A&C and preparing executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis
At a minimum, wed' like you to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis
- Stellar business acumen with strong financial modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. The ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and influence outcomes
- The ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
It's preferred if you have:
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, Accounting or Business related
- Modeling P&L’s and Cash flows for various company-wide business lines
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.