Software Engineer - Optimization, Benchmark and Tooling, Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Software Engineering role, you'll:
- Collaborate with engineers from different teams such as planning and perception to benchmark and characterize our compute workload
- Create and deploy low overhead tools to our fleet to further our understanding of the dynamics of our systems
- Use this understanding of our workload to optimize the performance of our systems
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with C/C++ and while working on performance critical real-time systems
It’s preferred if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of computer architecture
- Experience with a diverse set of hardware such as CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, Neural network accelerators etc
- Experience with benchmarking and performance optimization of complex systems
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.