Software Engineer, Benchmark & Tooling, Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this Software Engineering role, you'll:
- Collaborate with engineers from different teams such as planning and perception to benchmark and characterize our compute workload
- Create and deploy low overhead tools to our fleet to further our understanding of the dynamics of our systems
- Use this understanding of our workload to help us build an efficient compute platform
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with C/C++ and while working on performance critical real-time systems
It’s preferred if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of computer architecture
- Experience with a diverse set of hardware such as CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, Neural network accelerators etc
- Experience with benchmarking and performance optimization of complex systems
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.