Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Software Engineering role, you'll:
- Collaborate with engineers from different teams such as planning and perception to benchmark and characterize our compute workload
- Create and deploy low overhead tools to our fleet to further our understanding of the dynamics of our systems
- Use this understanding of our workload to optimize the performance of our systems
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with C/C++ and while working on performance critical real-time systems
It’s preferred if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of computer architecture
- Experience with a diverse set of hardware such as CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, Neural network accelerators etc
- Experience with benchmarking and performance optimization of complex systems
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.