Hardware Validation Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Validation Engineer role, you'll:
- Prepare and execute comprehensive PCBA test including digital signals, power supplies, load switches, high speed signals, to catch issues early and improve the product quality
- Collaborate with Design Engineers in system bring up, design validation, troubleshooting, failure analysis, and system performance
- Participate by making sound recommendations to resolve issues
- Perform JDAC compliance testing on DDR, PCIE, BroadR, CAN, and other interfaces
- Create detailed test reports from various test
- Review PCB layout for SI/PI/EMC compliance
- Perform TDR and S parameter measurements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Technical BS or MS degree is required. Degree in Electronic Science is strongly preferred, fresh graduates with electronics as a hobby are welcomed to apply
- Deep understanding of circuit fundamentals - for example dcdc regulators, filters, KVL, KCL, EMC
- Proficient in using O-scopes, Power supplies, Electronic loads, RLC, DMM, VNA, frequency counters, generators, TDA, spectrum analyzers
It’s preferred if you have:
- Strong knowledge of electronic test methodologies
- Hands on experience with probing delicate circuits and sensitive signals
- Understanding of measurement techniques and fundamentals
- Familiar with Linux terminal environment - commands, executing programs, compiling source code
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++ and ability to modify existing code and create new test scripts out of existing libraries is highly preferred
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.