Administrative Business Partner
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders; the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; and the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this Administrative Business Partner role, you will:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage very busy calendars, book occasional travel/events, process expenses, schedule facilities & equipment, etc)
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies
- Serve as a lead for small projects as required, and setup tools to onboard new team members quickly
- Help leaders by understanding team needs and pain points
- Plan space as the company grows exponentially
- Help coordinate team and company-wide events
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in administrative support
- Experience project leading from conception to completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to apply them when solving operational issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions and an ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
It’s preferred if you have:
- Previous experience providing administrative support to an Engineering team
- Start-up or tech-industry experience
- Experience supporting directors or above with large teams
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.