Intern, Research and Insights
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a part of Waymo Insights Team, you will help give birth to insights that shape the direction of our product.
You’ll work collaboratively across the organization to provide evidence-based recommendations and develop stakeholder relationships that will help Waymo improve its product, process, and people.
In this internship, you’ll:
- Conduct qualitative + quantitative research and analysis to drive product and business decisions
- Deeply immerse yourself in the feedback we receive from people inside and outside the vehicle
- Craft research plans, engage your stakeholders throughout your project, deliver actionable insights, and help drive recommended product changes
- Communicate your results and insights through crisp data visualization and presentations (in-person and online)
- Support the broader Insights Team research efforts
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Current student in a Ph.D program focused on human behavior at various scales, such as anthropology, psychology, sociology, (behavioral) economics, etc.
- Organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Comfortable solving problems that haven’t been answered before. Pushes the boundaries to come up with novel, refreshing, and strategic ideas
- Good command of SQL and R or Python
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Works well across functions both internally and externally
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.