Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Industrial Designer role, you'll:
- Plan, recommend, and complete design processes leading to innovative solutions
- Concept creation for product, vehicle, and hardware
- Work with the cross-disciplinary team to meet the requirement of design and product goals
- Define all design details based on design directions and execution plan
- Create prototypes to evaluate design concepts and user testing
- Work with internal/external partners to develop/manufacture products
We'd like you to have:
- Degree in Industrial Design or similar field
- Minimum 10 years of product and/or transportation design experience covering ideation, product development, and manufacturing technical knowledge
- Strong visual/verbal communication and team working skills. Hands on 2D/3D design skills; sketch, drawing, CAD, digital/physical prototyping
- Strong technical background and understanding of the design process to look for ways to streamline and enhance the user experience
- Participate in transitioning the design to manufacturing
- Proven history of successful design and product development from concepts to production
It's preferred if you have:
- Interior design background with production experience
- Product design experience across a breadth of product lines
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.