Product Marketing Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's self-driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for fully self-driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this Product Marketing Lead role, you'll:
- Lead product marketing across full suite of Waymo’s offerings, including our core self-driving technology (tech/category marketing), service offerings like the Early Rider Program and Waymo One (B2C product/service marketing), and early pilots of potential future lines of business (may include B2B).
- Write our own playbook and drive thoughtful execution of Waymo’s gradual, iterative rollout of products and services, from the earliest pilot stages to commercial launches. Partner with product, engineering, comms, biz strategy, partnerships and others to define our go-to-market roadmap.
- Hire, manage and coach a team of marketers to define marketing strategy for individual product/service offerings. This may include research and insights, establishing or evolving product positioning, and executing on campaigns to communicate key product marketing messages to the public.
- Additionally own creative for direct-to-customer marketing (e.g. email communications, app notifications, and more), helping to drive both our ridership goals and brand advocacy. Be the voice of the customer for the rest of the team and company.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, including extensive experience at a technology company or start-up (ideally early stage)
- People management experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Deep curiosity, passion and empathy for technology, product and engineering, with strong understanding of how highly innovative early stage technology is developed.
- Are a proven cross-functional leader with ability to drive alignment across teams. Highly perceptive with strong executive and cross-functional communication skills. Structured thinker who can navigate ambiguity and bring structure to chaos.
- The ability to adapt traditional product marketing playbooks to Waymo’s unique context. Experience with a range of product rollouts, from early stage pilots to more commercial launches. Able to see the big picture, respond to change quickly, and prioritize tasks given limited resources.
- Strong marketing intuition with ability to craft product marketing strategy from scratch across different audiences, industries, and go-to-market timelines. Extensive experience with tech/product positioning, messaging, research, creative campaigns, and customer communications.
- Proven track record as a people manager and project manager, with ability to coach and lead effective teams especially in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Mission-motivated team player attitude who can thrive in a high-pressure environment, collaborate effectively, and move calmly in the face of obstacles or rapid change.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.