People Operations Specialist
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role you'll:
- Assist HR functions with planning and execution of POps processes and initiatives in the areas of safety compliance, drug and alcohol testing, background checks/adjudication, systems access, immigration, compensation, performance management, training, and other areas, focused on accelerating Waymo’s business
- Engage with employees in-person on compliance related matters, including background checks and drug testing programs
- Process global employee lifecycle transactions such as onboarding, transfers, organizational changes, and offboarding
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in an HR Generalist or HR Compliance/Audit role, preferably in a high growth and changing environment
- Experience working with drug and alcohol testing programs
- Articulate, tactful, and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven program management skills, from designing and executing on the line by line detail of a company-wide program, with a bias for action and strong execution
It’s preferred if you have:
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to produce high quality work
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance and flexibility
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements
- Comfort with high rate of change and ability to navigate ambiguity on a regular basis
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.