Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Strategy & Business Operations team plans Waymo’s dynamic future and drives the company’s go-to-market strategy and execution. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. We run a lean team, creating the opportunity for each team member to generate substantial impact on Waymo’s business.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with senior leadership to develop and refine Waymo’s go-to-market strategy, including business models, partnership strategy, and growth
- Help Waymo successfully deploy our service by developing and executing key operational processes
- Identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to Waymo's success
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative strategic and operational analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product & engineering, partnerships & operations, finance, marketing, and others
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in business operations, strategy, or similar roles in the technology sector, management consulting, investment banking, or similar fields
- Extensive experience leading strategic initiatives
- Effective leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive impact
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills
- Comfort leading leadership level decision making
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced industry
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.