Hardware Design Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this electrical engineering role, you'll:
- Design and build PCBAs (schematic capture, board layout)
- Design and execute DV plans for boards and systems
- Debug / triage failed units from the field
- Assist in board / system bring-up
- Create / modify testing software
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years PCB design experience - schematic capture, board layout, test/debug
- Experience with lab bring-up and debug of electronic systems
- Experience with standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent technical communication skills
It's preferred if you have:
- Familiarity with Altium and/or Cadence PCB CAD tools
- Familiarity with MCU board designs
- Experience with embedded protocols, such as I2C, SPI, UART, CAN
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python, and Linux environments
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.