Sr. Strategic Business Finance Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Sr. Strategic Business Finance Analyst role, you’ll:
- Do complex modeling of P&L’s and Cash flows for various company-wide business lines
- Be deriving strategic insights and driving business action via financial data and independent/external research
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decisions, including driving business review forums and other strategic analyses
- Prepare executive presentations for senior leadership
- Do other Ad-hoc projects
At the minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis, including Private Equity, Equity Research, Corporate Finance, or other associated fields and a BS/BA/MBA in Finance, CFA Certification, Accounting or Business related subject areas
- Financial acumen with exceptional financial modeling skills and strong familiarity with financial statements
- Strategic mindset: able to think multiple steps ahead on the implications of financial decisions and approaches
- A critical thinking mindset with a particular focus on financial modeling and strategic/market analysis
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Proven track record of the ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and materially influence outcomes
- The ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
It's preferred if you have:
- Industry knowledge of the rideshare, transportation, automotive, autonomous vehicle, or related industries
- Valuation methodologies and principles
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.