Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Manufacturing Process Engineering role, you’ll:
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing process flows (assembly + test) for new products
- Lead cross-functional technical manufacturing design reviews to obtain consensus for proposed manufacturing process flows, fixture designs and test processes before build events
- Design and/or approve assembly fixtures used during the product assembly process
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage assembly line bring-up including fixture qualification, test stations, and workstations
- Provide design feedback to development engineers to improve manufacturability
- Identify and implement opportunities for yield improvement
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing process engineering for product assembly, tooling, fixtures and automation
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical and manufacturing process engineering development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It is preferred if you have:
- Debugging optics modules
- Experience in the following: automation development, CNC machined parts, fixture design, adhesives and dispensing systems, etc
- Solid understanding of DOE and tolerancing techniques
- International experience, particularly in Asia
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.