Technical Program Manager, Systems Engineering and Safety
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks
- Develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices that are a benefit across the organization
- Support or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines
- Create presentations with compelling messages effectively tailored to different audience levels, including executives
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
- Develop and manage testing and analysis best practices for complex HW/SW systems
We’d like you to have:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in government, safety industry, transportation/logistics, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems. This position requires leading and working effectively with cross functional groups
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.