Machine learning is at the core of solving self-driving technology, and data is the rocket fuel of machine learning. The data warehouse team, a sub-team in the Waymo machine learning infrastructure team, focuses on empowering teams at Waymo to leverage the massive amount of data that is critical to training and evaluating state-of-the-art machine learning system for driving. Some example projects tackled by the team include:
- Building data labeling tools with optimized UI/UX to enable Waymo’s labelers to annotate the data efficiently.
- Visualizing the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into Waymo’s datasets.
- Building state-of-art data analysis tools to help ML practitioners debug and improve neural models.
- Designing systems to match labelers to the optimal tasks based on past performance.
- Adding automation to the labeling workflows to improve the overall efficiency and quality.
The team already manages one of the largest labeled datasets in the entire self-driving industry, and further scaling the dataset efficiently is critical to Waymo’s future success. Join us in this ride to the future, and bring the self-driving technology to the world together.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Product engineering experience in building full-stack web apps.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with building scalable systems that process huge amounts of data.
- Experience with three.js, or building 3D user interfaces using other frameworks.
- Experience with data analysis and exploration tools.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.