Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Machine learning is at the core of solving self-driving technology, and data is the rocket fuel of machine learning. The Data Warehouse team, part of the Waymo ML Infra team, focuses on empowering teams at Waymo to leverage the massive amount of data that is critical to training and evaluating state-of-the-art machine learning systems for driving. Some example projects tackled by the team include:
- Building web-based data labeling tools with optimized UI/UX to enable Waymo’s labelers to annotate the data efficiently.
- Visualizing the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into Waymo’s datasets.
- Building state-of-art data analysis tools to help ML practitioners understand their datasets & models.
- Building logging & experimentation infrastructure to evaluate the cost & impact of the datasets.
- Designing systems to perform quality control & data validation on the datasets.
- Adding automation to the labeling workflows to improve the overall efficiency and quality.
The team already manages one of the largest labeled datasets in the entire self-driving industry, and further scaling the dataset efficiently is critical to Waymo’s future success. Join us in this ride to the future, and bring self-driving technology to the world together.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Passionate about infrastructure work: building internal tools, frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with C++, or modern web stack (e.g. Angular with JS/TS).
- Experience with building scalable systems that process huge amounts of data.
- Experience with three.js, or building 3D user interfaces using other frameworks.
- Experience with data analytics, logging, or experimentations.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.