Software Engineer, Full Stack, Machine Learning Infrastructure (Data Warehouse)
Mountain View, California, United States
Machine learning is at the core of solving self-driving technology, and data is the rocket fuel of machine learning. The data warehouse team, a sub-team in the Waymo machine learning infrastructure team, focuses on empowering teams at Waymo to leverage the massive amount of data that is critical to training and evaluating state-of-the-art machine learning system for driving. Some example projects tackled by the team include:
- Building data labeling tools with optimized UI/UX to enable Waymo’s labelers to annotate the data efficiently.
- Visualizing the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into Waymo’s datasets.
- Building state-of-art data analysis tools to help ML practitioners debug and improve neural models.
- Designing systems to match labelers to the optimal tasks based on past performance.
- Adding automation to the labeling workflows to improve the overall efficiency and quality.
The team already manages one of the largest labeled datasets in the entire self-driving industry, and further scaling the dataset efficiently is critical to Waymo’s future success. Join us in this ride to the future, and bring the self-driving technology to the world together.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Product engineering experience in building full-stack web apps.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with building scalable systems that process huge amounts of data.
- Experience with three.js, or building 3D user interfaces using other frameworks.
- Experience with data analysis and exploration tools.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.