Intern, Industrial Design, CAD Modeling
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s Industrial Design team shoulder the responsibility of shaping the look of our driverless future. Help us to bring our design ethos to the products that will transport us into the future.
In this internship, you'll:
- Creation of digital assets based on designs provided by the ID team
- Visualization (still shots and animation) of digital assets for presentation
- Active participation in group critiques for ongoing projects
- Working cooperatively with cross functional teams to define project requirements
- Contribution during team reviews that set goals for ongoing projects
- Document project progress both periodically and at final wrap-up
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- CAD skills in a variety of 3D modeling software
- Visualization skills in a variety of 3D rendering and animation packages
- 2D manipulation in a variety of photo editing and vector art creation packages
- Must be on a path to complete a Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA) in Design
- Must be able to complete individual tasks that contribute to team objectives
It’s preferred if you have:
- Flexibility is an asset. The ability to employ different skillsets on back to back tasks is important
- Listening is a fundamental skill for success, and is necessary in order to hear
- Time management will be valuable, prioritizing essential tasks above others
- Well rounded individuals preferred, don’t be afraid to have interests not related to work
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.