Vehicle Partnerships Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Vehicle Partnerships team develops and maintains relationships with vehicle OEMs. Waymo is building a better driver and partnering with manufacturers to deliver the technology in appropriate vehicles. We work cross-functionally to build forward-looking partnerships that align with Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing on partnerships with tremendous impact on Waymo’s future.
In this management role, you'll:
- Develop partnership and business development strategy based on research, expertise and understanding of Waymo’s strategy and goals.
- Build consensus for recommendations with internal teams and executives
- Manage OEM partner relationships from initial discussions and relationship management through agreement closing and partner management. Build strong long term relationships with partners
- Develop compelling partnership terms that benefit both Waymo and our partners.
- Lead agreement negotiations with partners, including cross-functional project management and internal preparation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, legal, business operations, marketing, and finance to support partnership development and management
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- [10+] years of experience in business development or partnership roles, ideally in the technology and/or transportation industries
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships and negotiating agreement terms
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts, influence cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual and financial issues; impeccable business judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating directly with senior executives and in fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field
- Experience negotiating unique and creative partnership agreements, with significant technical, legal and commercial complexity
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.