Intern, Hardware Engineering, System Architecture
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this internship, you'll:
- Support the design and evaluation of new hardware meant for autonomous cars
- Testing - attain requirements, draft test plans, conduct field trials
- Data analysis - data mine, and write tools for analyzing information
- Project management - align vendors, hardware, and schedules to eliminate gaps
- Focus on solutions for harsh weather operation - sensor systems and vehicle controls
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Broad experience with a high level understanding of autonomy concepts
- Deep experience with one or more sensor modalities used in autonomy
- Hardware - basic solidworks/catia, electrical schematic & layout
- Software - analysis scripts in matlab/python, and proficiency in linux environments
It’s preferred if you have:
- Mechatronics or similar mindset, with background in ME/EE/CS
- Hands-on, get things done attitude
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.