UX Researcher, Insights Team
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this research role you'll:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to develop our user experience, from defining a product vision to validating design solutions before each release
- Define and maintain a research roadmap in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and experiments (A/B testing)
- Drive change by translating research insights into persuasive narratives that inspire innovative solutions and inform key designs
- Champion product excellence by working with designers, QA testers, and engineers to resolve UX quality issues before each release
- Travel up to 25% of the time
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A bachelors or masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Applied Linguistics, or related field; 6+ years shipping consumer-facing applications
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, be a self-starter, and be comfortable juggling multiple work streams
- Demonstrated expertise conducting research for both Android and iOS mobile apps, including designing experiments for A/B testing
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders
- An understanding of the value of UX research within a business context, including being able to communicate a point of view about what we should build, and a passion for using data to inform product decisions
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.