Product Designer, UX Team
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers, and engineers to design our consumer-facing mobile app, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release
- Leverage your leadership skills to define problems, identify solutions, and build consensus across UX, PM, and Eng
- Work in quick iterative cycles to build both low and high fidelity prototypes and partner with research to test and refine
- Leverage your up-to-date knowledge of human interface guidelines, standards, best practices and emerging technologies to design detailed UI specifications
- Champion product excellence by working with QA testers and engineers to resolve UX quality issues before each release
We’d like you to have:
- A bachelors or masters degree in design, at least 6+ years shipping consumer-facing applications, and an understanding of front-end programming (enough to ensure your designs are feasible)
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, be a self-starter, and be comfortable switching between vision-level and hands-on pixel-level work
- Demonstrated expertise designing both Android and iOS mobile apps
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders
- An understanding of the value of design within a business context, including being able to communicate a point of view about what we should build, and a passion for using data to inform design decisions
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.